1. Wash potatoes and cut them in half.
2. Draw the shape you’d like for your stamp.
3. Cut around the shape, about a quarter-inch deep until your shape is defined and sticking out from the rest of the potato.
4. Put paint in a shallow dish. If you’re using different paint colors, rinse and completely dry the potato before using a different paint color.
5. Dip the potato stamp into the paint and press against paper.
Images from Noe Place Like Home
We think this DIY craft is perfect for young kids to decorate the envelopes on their Valentine’s Day cards or Valentine’s Day photo cards. Imagine just how excited loved ones will be to open up the card! Make sure you do not leave your kid alone with the knife. Using these prints with the cutting potato will be a cute craft for kids of all ages. Stamp potatoes are a great way to spend time together and show children you can do it yourself. Making sure all the steps are followed to make a pretty painted stamp prints on fabric. Enjoy your time together!